Saturday 9 February 2013

An ATX power option

Some of you may already know how to do this, however, if you're looking for some 5V power for your Raspberry Pis, ODROIDs, etc... Wiring up an ATX power supply is one option.

Here's some photos to illustrate how. Note, this is not a permenent solution for me. I suspect anyone doing this for something permanent would do it a lot cleaner and with a very efficient power supply. I use this for quick 12V and 5V power for testing. See this video for proper setup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2oSFpKh_Uw

My 650W standby power supply with 5V 30A rail.

Using 5V from molex connector to micro USB cable. It's soldered, I promise! Depending on your power supply you may need to draw something from the 12V circuit for it to actually work.

Shorting pins so the PSU actually feeds power to those connectors on when you flick the power switch on the back of the PSU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment